Steel-Cut Oats w/ Walnuts & Blueberries
40 min (stovetop version) ; serves 4
- 3 cups of water
- 1 cup milk of choice (we use almond milk)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1/4 tsp Allie Vous Vanilla Bean Sea Salt blend or Classic Sea Salt blend
- Mix-ins (optional):
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- In saucepan, combine water & milk over medium heat. Bring to a simmer.
- Separately, melt the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Once simmering, add the oats & cook. Stir until golden (est. 1.5 min). This will bring out the flavor of the oats.
- Pour the oats into the simmering milk & water mixture and stir. Reduce heat if needed to maintain a simmer, but not boil. Cook for about 20 min, while stirring on occasion until thick.
- Add the Allie Vous Vanilla Bean Sea Salt blend and stir.
- When almost all the liquid is absorbed, removed from heat and stir in the mix-ins. Save a few of mix-ins to add on top of each serving.