Herb Roasted Butternut Squash w/ Red Onion & Goat Cheese (paired w/ AV Thai Ginger & Classic Sea Salt blends)
50 min; serves 4
- 1halved butternut squash
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp coconut oil (for the squash seeds - YES, SAVE THEM!)
- fresh herbs (we used rosemary & oregano)
- 1/2 sliced red onion
- 2 tbsp goat cheese crumbles
- 1 tsp of Allie Vous Thai Ginger sea salt blend
- Garnish - save some of the fresh herbs
- Preheat oven to 375
- Cut squash in half lengthwise
- Scoop out the seeds and save them for roasting
- Use a fork to poke a few little holes in the top (this will allow the seasonings to seep in a bit for extra flavor - also might speed up the cooking process)
- Transfer squash flat-side up onto a baking sheet and brush with olive oil.
- Scatter the sliced onions on top
- Sprinkle with, sea salt (we used AV Thai Ginger blend - but our Classic Sea Salt & Roasted Garlic would be delicious too!), fresh herbs, and pepper.
- Roast in oven for approx. 45 min or until the squash it tender to touch with a fork.
- In the meantime, roast the seeds.
- Add the coconut oil, cleaned seeds, and a little sea salt (we used AV Classic Sea Salt blend) to a pan on medium/low heat.
- Stir gently until they start to slightly brown.
- Remove squash from the oven just enough to sprinkle the seeds and then goat cheese on top -- in that order.
- Place back in the oven for 5 min (or until cheese starts to melt)
- Remove from oven, let cool slightly.
- Garnish with a few fresh herbs and enjoy!